Author Topic: PROMS 2012 - a salutory note to RW and other concert programmers!  (Read 4175 times)

Offline perfect wagnerite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PROMS 2012 - a salutory note to RW and other concert programmers!
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 01:20:52 pm »

I've always found Britain's obsession with kicking footballs and jumping over hedges quaintly Breughian and medieval.  A mess of potage indeed.

"... and now we go over live to the Olympic stadium in Stratford, where Sue Barker is waiting..."

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:22:47 pm by perfect wagnerite »
As a young man I harbored the populist idea of writing for the public. I learned that the public didn't care. So I decided to write for myself. Since then people have gotten interested - Elliott Carter

SimonH

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 01:59:32 pm »
But try telling that to someone who's sole lifetime achievement is throwing a stick?

You mean - I have to throw this thing?

Offline David Underdown

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 04:16:55 pm »
Reiner, as my original post in this topic said http://www.thegreatexhibition2012.co.uk/what-is-the-great-exhibition ties it back to the announcement of the award of the games to London. The context in which I first became aware of it via twitter also appeared, as I read it, to tie it in to the Cultural Olympiad side of things

Offline Reiner Torheit

• Bravo, caro Sassone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 09:32:48 am »
I'm sure this week's events will have been just perfect for the organisers of the London Olympics 2012, eh?  :laughter3:
An unemployed jester is nobody's fool.